* Key Lime Creamy Cheesy Blondies *
So these are completely awesome. Perfect to kick off the hot seasons!
I created these because I was in the mood for something tart. Random...? Yes.
My craving led to a tasty little concoction but it had a little help in logistics. I used a basic recipe for blondies that called for cake mix, butter, white chocolate chips and evaporated milk. The recipe is called Carmello Blondies and its found at www.ohbiteit.com .
Hands down... those are the best Blondie bars from a cake mix you will find. Thanks to her smarts on basic blondies, I could create my own twisted and tasty version! You can see that her recipe is for Carmello Brownies that have a caramel center. So I made some tweeks by changing the cake mix flavor, created a different filling and added sugar glaze.
I had to make it complicated...of course.
These are seriously goodness! There are three components to this concoction :
1) Lime Blondie Mix
2) Cream Cheese Filling
3) Sugar Glaze
What Ya Need:
Key Lime Cake Mix
1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
1/2 Block of Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Lime Juice
3 Tbsp Milk
Extra powdered sugar
What Ya Do:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Line an 8 × 8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
* Melt your stick of butter
* Pour Key Lime Cake Mix, evaporated milk, melted butter and white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
* Stir until well incorporated.
* Pat half into your pan and bake 8-9 minutes.
* While that is baking, Mix your softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until well blended.
* Pull your bottom layer from one in the pan and drop small spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture about 1 inch apart on the bottom layer.
**** it's very important you do not try to spread the cream cheese. It will tear the bars. Drop it by small spoonfuls in rows.
* Cover the cream cheese layer with the remaining batter by dropping small sections of the batter on top. It should cover most underneath.
* Bake at 350 apx. 22-24 minutes.
*When you see they are finished baking: not brown on top, but beginning to toast very few parts on the blondies. Remove from oven.
*Make your sugar glaze.
* Mix all glaze ingredients without extra powdered sugar.
*Let blondies cool apx. 10 minutes.
*Pour the glaze over them and powder, generously, with about 1/4 cup Powdered sugar.
*Place in fridge until set.
*Cut into bars and serve at room temp.
Hope you enjoy!!
I would love to have you follow my blog!
If you have feedback or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Lots of sweetness to your day!