Spidachio.... that's my son's word for Pistachio! And that's way too cute not to use :) So that's why we named this awesome bread.... Pumpkin- SpiDaChiO Bread!! And let me say, it is too good, with a load of whipped cream cheese, spread on top.
I used a recipe for banana bread, I found in a cook book for breast cancer fundraiser. Then made some changes with the pumpkin, sugar, type of nut and spices. It worked very well!
What Ya Need:
1 .1/2cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups all purpose flower
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
3/4 - 1 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 cup sour milk ( milk with 2/3 tsp vinegar added)
1 Can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup Pistachio nuts, chopped
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
What Ya Do:
1) Measure all ingredients and mix vinegar into milk and the baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice into your flour.
2) Prepare two loaf pans by rubbing them with shortening and powdering (coating) them with flour.
3) Preheat oven to 325.
4) Mix the shortening with the sugars until well blended on lo speed.
5) Add eggs and mix while scraping sides of the bowl until well blended.
6) Add half of flour mixed with baking powder and spices to the mixture, and mix on lo, scraping sides of bowl for remainder of procedure.
7) Pour in the milk (with vinegar)
8) Pour in remaining flour (with added ingredients)
9) Place the canned pumpkin in mixture and mix until blended.
10) Add the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Mix until blended well.
11) Stop the mixer and add Pistachios to batch with a wooden spoon.
12) Pour into two prepared pans.
13) If pans are thin and disposable, place both on cookie sheet.
14) Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
15) Bread is done when a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
I Hope you enjoy this fall bread! It's now a fav of ours :)