Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day #3 : Under HiS Wings. { HeArT to hEaRt }

Under HiS Wings
------------------------------------

When we think about great warriors of God's Word and His people,  there is one that comes most to mind. David, the mighty warrior. The one who "slayed his 10's of thousands". We picture this man "after God's own heart" as a fierce and brave soldier King. And that, he surely was. But what if I told you that aside from all his valiant actions and writings, he wrote this...

 Psalms 91:4
{ He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will trust: his truth will be your shield and buckler.} ( modified from KJV)

David, the legacy who slayed a giant.
David, the prosperous King of Israel...
David, knew the need for a refuge.
He also knew exactly where to find it.

One Sunday in children's church, we trooped outside after lesson. As the kiddos ran and played, I noticed one particular young boy had rallied into his arms, an enormous snow ball. I mean, it was huge! My instinct of caution kicked into play as I watched closely. Within moments, I felt a tiny hand around the back of my leg. When I turned to see who was behind, it was the sweet face of a tiny tyke. Her body, tucked behind her protector, with head peaking out to keep eye on the " threat".

She had taken refuge.

I don't know about you, but I often find myself in need of a refuge. Most women (me included) like to attempt convincing ourselves we are warrior women. We all hope to wear the stars, rope and golden wrist cuffs of Wonder Woman. But the adversary never ceases to be more fierce than I. David, apparently felt the same.

If you are a parent, you fully understand parental protective instinct. It brings to light that your Heavenly Father has the same instinct for you. He protects you. His love speaks through His willingness and dedication to tuck you under His wings and give you refuge.

My own mother said,  just the other day ... "we never outgrow the song "Jesus Loves Me". I have to add, there's one part in particular we will always relate to...

" little ones to Him belong."
"They are weak, but He is strong."

No matter how big God's children grow or how strong they think they've become, they are always little to Him. We never outgrow the need for a refuge.

When the adversary comes (carrying a snow ball) and life is bigger than you can stand, God's love shelters you...
         Under His Wings.
---------------------------------------------------
Scripture references:
1 Samuel 18:7
1 Samuel 13:14


No comments:

Post a Comment